Friday, August 19, 2011

On the hunt

I need a job!

So I went on craigslist and this nifty site Wildcat JobLink and applied to everything that looked like fun.
Most notably:
- A museum guard
- An actress in a commercial
- A cashier at a restuarant
- A LOT of student aide positions
- A company called Mad Science that gives presentations to children grades K-8 about SCIENCE!!!!
This company called me and we had a phone interview, but halfway through their phone died. So I'm waiting to hear back from them. I really like the idea of this job. I worry I mussed up the interview by speaking too much though. I get nervous on the phone with people. I sound like I'm 12 over phone lines. But seriously, this job would be SOOOO fun and SOOO perfect. I want.

I met some new people. Some of Sean's friends and also some of Victoria's friends. They all seem very nice. I hope I get to know them better.

Zac and I ate dinner together the other night (I made pasta and garlic bread, he made salad and brought cookies). It was so fun. I love this man(boy)(guy). Afterward we chatted and went and played volleyball with some young singles. We aren't very good. But both of us got some pretty decent ups and Zac had some great saves. Then we went to the other house (that is how I refer to my other friends' house. Because there are too many of them to just choose one for the house to be labeled in her name only). And it was great seeing my dear sweet friends.

I went to lunch with my old roommate (Brittany, not the old old roommate) and her boyfriend. He is very nice and they make a cute couple. I'm excited for her to get back in town tomorrow.

I went to some volunteer training for this Focus on Success program. It's for the scholarship program I am in and I figured since they're paying for my school the least I could do is help some newbie freshmen get oriented with the program. Plus I got a free tshirt and free lunch. I timed myself walking from my apartment to the student union. It only took 11 minutes. And I was walking slow. AND on the way there these two guys stopped me and at first I was like "Oh, they're going to preach" but then they just asked if I wanted to play soccer with them. I was flattered. Not only did I not know them and they took their time to introduce themselves to me and invite me to play soccer with them. But they also assumed I could play soccer. So I guess I'm sending out that sporty casual vibe. Which is cool.

I'm going to the temple tomorrow (after volunteering of course) and then Brittany should be home and my friend Isaac is moving down here and so hopefully we'll have some crazy good times.

Well, great news, Mad Science just called me again and he is going to call my references now. So fingers crossed, let's see if there are enough nice things people can say about me.

Chanda C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment