Monday, August 8, 2011

Boise, cont'd

Well Boise was cool. I just did a lot of stuff with Wade and often Rachael and Tiffany and other neat people.

Wade, Rachael, and I went to the Boise Zoo.

We were looking at the bats and I scooted closer to the glass wall to get a better look at one of the smaller creatures. I was imagining the different places it could bite me when I felt something brush up against my leg. I freaked out and jumped back approx 7.5 feet. Not that far really, but in stories it is good to exaggerate. Anyway, turns out there was some braided straw that touched my leg, not a bloodthirsty bat. So I was fine.

We also saw the butterfly garden. That was cool except the butterflies liked landing on me and I don't like having bugs on me. But they were really pretty. I was trying to get a picture of one of them, that sneaky little thing flew off every time I pushed the button on my camera. It took 4 shots to get one with the butterfly actually in the picture. It was somewhat of a tease.

Then we were looking at the penguins. I moved to the other side of the room than Rachael and Wade to get a better vantage point and when I turned to the side..........
JENKIN WILLIAMS was standing right next to me.
I panicked and tried to hide in the corner, but it didn't work I guess. So I shook his hand and we had an awkward goodbye.
It was like when you see someone in the grocery store and chat for a bit and then say "Well I'll see you on Sunday!" and then run into each other shopping in the produce section like a minute later.
Or when you're walking with someone to your respective classes and you say "okay I'll see you after!" and then they walk into the same building as you.

Good times.

This penguin saw it all.


I saw Kira the next day (on purpose this time) and she gave me a letter from Jenkin. It was good to hear from him. I do miss being able to ask his opinion and hear his thoughts on things. He had some good insights, and even if they weren't intelligent they were at least funny. But they usually were both.

Now I'm back in TUCSON!!!!!!!! with LunaBug and Amy and Kirstin. Those are my roommates. Also Bert's sister Chloe but she has yet to move in. Our apartment is darling. It's two story (first time living in a house with stairs) and it has a yard and a washer/dryer! The first night I was here I did some laundry and the dryer never shut off. So my clothes dried for 10 hours on high heat.

I went to a dance on Friday night also. It was fun, but there was a social emergency that made it imperative for me to leave early. I went grocery shopping. That was cool too.

On Sunday I went to 3rd ward and 5th ward. I love 5th ward. I don't have anything against 3rd of course, but 5th just feels right for me.

Also, in July I read a lot. 6 books and I'm working on a 7th. I suggest them.
They are:
Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr.
Hunger Games.
The Host.
Book by my aunt that isn't yet published.
And now I'm reading a mormon book but I can't remember the title and I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to figure it out.

So that's my life for now.
We got internet today.
I danced with happiness.
Jesus installed it.
Jesus from Cox.
I made some sacrilegious jokes when he knocked on the door.

Chanda C.

3 comments:

  1. It makes me happy that you're back in Tucson. Skyping with you while you were in Boise was funny too, and I'm a little offended it didn't make it on your blog.... kidding. Mostly.

    On a different note, The Hunger Games is one of my favorite books. Keep working on the trilogy, because it's astounding. Disregard anything Amy Webb says about them.

    I miss you. I want to come see your apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy I'm back too. Except your car isn't working so I can't actually see you. And you're going on vacation and then leaving all too soon.

    Is the rest of the trilogy good because I've been told by more than just Amy Webb that the rest of the books are terrible.

    I miss you. You need to come see my apartment. It is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE reading your posts. Take that as a compliment because for one thing I'm cool so it's a compliment that I think they're wonderful and second of all, reading about people's life can be so boring. Psh. Not Chanda Crossman's. (: I CANNOR WAIT TO SEE YOU. I love you!

    ReplyDelete