Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Overdue Update

Hello all :)
Life is splendid.
My life is on a rollercoaster right now, but it is getting better.
Sarah and I have been hanging out a lot :) it is so wonderful. That girl makes my heart smile.
I've also been spending a lot of time with Bethany-- she is going to move in with me mid-December! I can't wait. She plays the harp and has a beautiful voice and is sooo funny. I love her laugh. I stayed at her house last night- it was so fun! She taught me how to make microcake. Which is an amazing and delicious invention that is going to lead to my freshman-200. :) It is cake that only takes like 2 minutes to cook. And only requires water and cake mix. Its so tasty.
Microcakes at Bethany's house :) mmm

For Halloween I was a unicorn. Hahahaha. It was slightly ridiculous. But SUPER fun. The group that dressed up were: Bethany, Lyndsay, and me. Sarah helped us get ready but wasn't feeling very good so she didn't dress up. Here are pictures of our 'unicorns':
Getting ready in my bathroom.

Finished unicorns.. Nice horns eh? HAHAHAHA.

The Institute dance was fun. Before the dance my wonderful bishop interviewed me for a temple recommend (since mine expired in September). Sarah went with me. Here we are waiting for our ride, being Asian:
We are SOOOO cute eh?
I love her. Bethany and I were taking pictures on her Macbook Sunday night, they are disgusting. Haha, I love them though. We were warping our faces and just messing with the settings. It was great. (such a typical college thing to do right?)

After the dance at Institute Bethany, Lyndsay and I went to my apartment and made butterfingers. Kind of. We thought of some things that could have improved them, but they were super tasty! (Melted candy corn and peanut butter with chocolate on top). Mmmm. We also watched Charlie Brown The Great Pumpkin. It was cute. They went home and then Amy needed a ride so I went to her, by the time I went to sleep that night it was 4:00 am. Ridiculous!
The next day I woke up at 8:00 and drove Bethany and myself to Mesa for Kara Lareemae's bridal shower. SOOOOO weird that she is a bride! She's happy and it was wonderful seeing her :) after her shower Bethany and I went to the temple. Unfortunately we missed being able to go in but we did wander around the visitor's center and the grounds. It was beautiful. Then we ate lunch with our ward (Cafe Rio=delish). Then she went back to Tucson with them and I went and stayed with my mom in Avondale :)
I was so glad that I got to see Aaron and Melanie and my mom again. It was ages. (Mel had a haircut and I asked when she got it done, she said like a month ago.. That is so long for not seeing her!). I love my family. They are so tender. I left Luna with them (I miss my dog.. A lot). My mom gave her a haircut. Isn't it so cute?
Sunday morning/afternoon I drove back to Tucson. Bert was in Phoenix for one of his friend's farewell talks so I drove him back too. Nothing bad happened on the way, which is excellent.
Thus far this week I've just been doing lots of homework and eating lots of microcake ;)
Yesterday Bert, Sarah, and I got our HARRY POTTER TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so flippin excited about this. I cannot wait! :) :) :) :) :) Wootwootwoot. :)
I also got a parking ticket... Stupid. There are apparently rules associated with parallel parking, I never would have learned that in Lakeside. Boo. Its ok though, now I know. (And I have even more reason to avoid parallel parking.)
My car situation is confusing.. I got the estimate back and it was almost $2700. But I haven't heard from the mechanic. So I am still in my rental. Which is great. It will be hard going back to Jane after this little Mazda.
I feel like a lot happened that I can't remember.. I know I have had a lot of fun. I just can't remember specifics.
Ohh! Taryn learned my new favorite song (coincidentally Sarah and my song) Count on Me by Bruno Mars. She sang/played guitar to me on Skype. It was so tender. I haven't seen her in ages. But I will see her next weekend!!! :) Oh! And my dad is getting me a ukulele!!! I can't flippin wait. I'm going to be the next Kate Micucci. Haha.
Now I am sitting in the Institute building waiting for class to start (in an hour and a half hahahah). I just love life.
My friends are the best. Seriously.
I get so stressed out sometimes. And then they are there. And I laugh until I cry. And then I feel better, because I'm happy and I've cried. Haha :)
I love that I didn't even go home yesterday. I was just with my friends ALL day. And it was fabulous.
Also, Bert and I are dating. <3 how tender, I know.
He is hilarious.
I'm just so lucky. I've made amazing friends, my classes are fascinating, my family is fantastic, and I've used four f words in this sentence- none of which should offend anyone. :)
This weekend I'm going camping with U3 ward, I'm pretty excited. Then I have a walk for Alzheimers on Saturday. There is a dance at the Institute Saturday night (which I may or may not attend) and the All Soul's Procession is this weekend but I don't know if I'll have time to go to that. I can't wait. :) Also on Thursday I am making granola with Tammy (I LOVE granola. So so much.) Life is great, just so you know.

TTFN- Ta ta for now!
Chanda

No comments:

Post a Comment