Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy birthday Taryn! :)

Today is my little sister's 16th birthday.. She's getting so old :)
Happy birthday to her!! :)

She and I are pretty tight, I really miss her a lot. Favorite memories with little Taryn:

1. One time she and I were in the car and laughing at EVERYTHING (we get into moods like this) and she was talking about a motorcyclist and what his face would look like if we hit him.. Something really weird and random but it played out in our heads sooo funny. And we cried because we were laughing so hard.
2. Sitting next to each other in church and having evil looks thrown our way by our parents because we talk too much.
3. Sitting next to each other in church and trying to give each other dead-legs inconspicuously.. HAHA!
4. One time she and I were sitting on my bed and she was near the foot of the bed and I pushed her and she flipped off the bed backwards. It was hilarious...
5. We used to scare each other (like hide in the hallways and jump out and scream). It was so fun.
6. Christmas Eve, Wade would be trying to sleep but she and I would stay up all hours of the night talking.
7. Playing with her pocket polly's or whatever those things were called.
8. Playing house and her always being reluctant to play. But she did it anyway :)
9. Sleeping on the trampoline and getting scared witless in the middle of the night.
10. Camping out in our garage in Idaho or in our camp trailer in Lakeside (inevitable it-- mold in our camper hahaha).

So many more, but I'll stop there. I love my little sister and hope she had a FABULOUS day :) <3


Back to my normal posts:
I had a really great week! On Wednesday I mostly just did homework and stayed at home, it was a low key day. I took Sarah back to Wal*Mart (she had lost her keys :( sad day) but we didn't find them anywhere so that was unfortunate. I then "helped her look" for them at her apartment, but really we just talked and hung out and had tons of fun. That girl and I are hilarious together. I laugh sooo much when we're together. We watched a movie, joined occasionally by Bert (who is more studious than I am). We also made french fries and I accidentally dumped like, half of her oil in the pan. The fries were good, and it gave us a reason to make donuts on Thursday!

Mk, so this picture is awful.. But it makes me laugh, a lot.
That brings me to Thursday, we made donuts! I don't really remember what I did before that. I had one class and wrote an essay (my english class was cancelled-- woohoo!). Originally I went over to Sarah's to watch a movie at the park with her and her lovely roommate (one of them anyway) Gabe. But instead we made donuts.We got pretty talented at them. Here is one:
This is a snail donut!
After making and eating and sharing the love, Bert invited me to go watch Scott Pilgrim vs. the World with him, Brian, Amy, Ariell, and Kirsten. That movie is super good. I really enjoyed it.
On Friday I went and helped serve at the Institute lunch. Afterwards I went shopping with Sarah, Becky, and Victoria. We went to Super Target! Then Sarah and I went to Wal*Mart (again) to buy long sleeve shirts. Its sooo cold here! (Ha, I'm such a desert dweller now).
Sarah and I looking at potential Halloween costumes. I LOVE Superman. Just sayin.

After shopping I went to Nicki and Lauren's apartment for a bbq! It was a blast. Lauren is an amazing cook. She made this delicious dip (actually two different kinds of delicious dip) and a 3bean salad that was super tasty. We also made pie (like, six people made the pie- it was so fun!). Here is a picture of a piece of the pie:
This was dished out by one of the attendees, Patrick. The 6th piece is the hardest ;)
Also, here is a picture of the rest of the pieces, with Lauren modeling:

Isn't she lovely?

It was soo much fun and very uplifting. Everyone there had a firm belief in Christ and there were some excellent discussions about the Gospel. After the BBQ I went to Sarah's apartment (I basically live there it seems) and watched part of How to Train Your Dragon with her and her roomies. Bert came over a little later and then he and I went on a walk (tender moments.. awwwhh).

On Saturday I participated in a flash dance thing. It was super cool. The Arizona Assurance Scholarship program coordinated it. Becky and I did it together. Here is a link to the video of us performing it: Flash Dance!. My little blonde head shows up quite nicely eh? Hahaha.
Here is Becky and I at the practice for the dance.
After the dance performance I watched the parade and ate Panda Express (which I really regretted, I feel like that was my first time eating legitimate fast food since the beginning of the semester, well, except Taco Shop). The parade was awesome, I LOVE marching bands. They are wonderful. After the parade I went and worked the Game Day Grill with my friend Bethany! It was really fun, I gave out brownies so it was a pretty simple job. Once that was over Bert and I went to No Anchovies to watch the game (which UA won-- of course) with Derrick, his girlfriend Jen, her friend Angela, Jenkin, ... boy, Amy, and Brian.
Amy, Brian, Chanda, Bert at No Anchovies :)
It was fun but REALLY crowded so Bert and I ducked out early and went to Taco Shop. I ate, again (it was like my 3rd dinner that day... but it was so good.). Then Bert and I went to a park and walked around. There was a pond/lake there and I was so happy. I miss seeing large bodies of water. He and I went on the swings and climbed on some equipment and sat on a fake turtle and looked at the stars (I never understood why city people were so fascinated with the stars in Lakeside, now I get it.. The city definitely blocks out space at night). Then he went home and I went home and talked to my mom for an hour on the phone.

Today I got up and wrote an essay (because I am a slacker). I went to 3rd ward instead of my own. Amy was playing organ and Kirstin was leading the music. Also, Sarah said the closing prayer. It was nice. They had a musical number- four guys singing (I knew half of the guys-- Noah and Chris, they are Bert's roommates) and it was wonderful. I love male voices. The talks were also good, they were about tithing. After church I went to Amy's to hang out with her, Jen, and Derrick. They're such wonderful people. Jen had to go back to Phoenix unfortunately, but I was happy to have met her.

I've decided I want to learn to play the ukulele (this is because I have no talents and too many people already play the guitar, the piano is too hard to find to practice and I love Jack Johnson and Zee Avi and so many wonderful people play the ukulele). I want one for my birthday (Dad or Wade or Mom.. eh-hem..). And then I am going to learn to play. Maybe I'll find out I actually do have a secret talent. :) hehehe.

On Thursday Derrick is going to make sweet and sour chicken, I can't wait. I love Asian food.
My friend from Lakeside, Abbey, is going to come down next weekend for Halloween! I'm super excited! She is thinking about moving down to Tucson, which would be awesome. I figured out what I'm going to dress as! Bethany, Sarah, Lindsay, and I are going to be Things 1-4. I'm pretty excited about it.

That is pretty much all that is new here. I'm just hoping that I'll get my warm clothes delivered to me (Dad.. eh-hem). :)

Stay warm!
Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment