Friday, October 8, 2010

So much to tell!

So, it has been almost years since I wrote. Ridiculous.
I would like to say that I have been busy.
Really though, I just haven't written.
YouTube, Facebook, Bones, and MLIA have taken up the majority of my life (after schoolwork of course).
I've been having lots of fun!
Highlights:
I've made new friends! :) I would like to put pictures up of my friends and I doing all the fun things we have done, but, I don't take pictures. I have a few (thank you Facebook tagging). Here they are:
We went to a mountain! (I'm not sure which one..)
I am sorry to say, I only know two people in this picture. The beautiful girl next to me is Ariell and the boy is Bert. :)

This is Bert and I. I think this was on his birthday, but I can't quite remember.

Speaking of his birthday, this was his cake :) I've been told it was delicious (white cake with raspberry filling, buttercream icing, fresh raspberries on top, cookies of magic all around it... good stuff).

This is Becky! She and I have two classes together.She and I were at Hungry Howie's getting pizza after a "field trip" (torture..) that one of our classes took. 
This was the field trip. We hiked up a hill (more like climbing, it was so steep.. ha). This is Tucson!

Those are some highlights of what has been happening. Tons of fun! I need to take more pictures. Last weekend I went to Amy's house (she took the picture of us at the mountain, sad that you can't see her) and ate some wonderful food (made by Derrick, he's the asian in the football game picture). It was so much fun! Wednesday night we celebrated Ariell's birthday, and it was a blast too.
I've also become friends with a guy named Matthew. He's polish. We (Matthew, Lucia, Becky, Becky's roommate Victoria, and I) went to an improv show on Tuesday night. It was so much fun! It may become a tradition.
My friend from high school, Jason, came and visited Lucia and I. It was so much fun! He's going to NAU, it was really nice catching up and hanging out (showing him that UA is obviously the better choice). We went dancing and it was pretty much rockin'.
Last Friday Matthew, Grace, and Grace's friend whose name I can't remember (Stacey maybe?) came over and we watched a movie. They are so funny! I'm hoping to have many more movie nights-- although I think living closer to campus would help a lot, not many people have cars.
Speaking of cars.. Oh cars... I've had my share of car troubles. After the comedy/improv show on Tuesday (around 11:30) I drove Lucia and myself home, parked in my usual spot in front of the office of our apartment complex, and went to sleep. Wednesday morning at about 10:30 I left to go to Institute. But my car was not where I had parked it before. In its place was a blue Honda Civic (for a split second I thought Oprah had decided to give me a new car.. And I was happy. Then reality set in). I walked around the parking lot thinking that maybe someone had just moved it as a prank or I couldn't remember where I had parked it. But it was really gone. I talked to my landlord, thinking that maybe it got towed even though it had the parking permit in the window. But alas, she didn't know anything about it. So I got to call the police and report it stolen. The officer told me that she is probably a crack ride now. Meaning that she either a) got sold to get money to buy crack or b) is transporting crack. Either way, she's having more fun in college than I am ;) heh-heh.
So now, despite the thousands of dollars I paid to not have to do this, I am walking and riding the bus everywhere. Its not too bad so far. I do miss Jane. And I am a little upset that I spent all the money and only got to drive her like 250 miles. That was an expensive 250 miles. But the cursed car is gone from my life now.
This weekend is family weekend and Tucson Meet Yourself. I'm hoping to go to that during the day tomorrow, Matthew is working the Polish booth, but I don't yet know exactly where it is or how to get there. Also tomorrow I will hopefully be making pie with my friend Sarah (she spent 3 and a half months in China this year- wicked cool). I've never made a homemade apple pie, it should be epic.
Lucia cut Luna's hair for me. She looks so cute! She's grumpy right now so I can't get a nice picture of her. But I'm sure I will soon.
This is family weekend at UA. Lucia's dad and brother are here- she made them pork chops and apple compote. The apples smell delish. I already ate (sweet potato.. mmm).
I went grocery shopping and got pretty much everything I need for the next week for less than $20, score. I love Albertsons on Fridays!
Today I got my first English essay back. I got an 85% which I am pretty happy about. It was a close reading essay on Rilke's poems. Yeck. I hate poetry and close reading anyway, put them together and its just depressing. I'm excited about my grade. I added up all of my assigned essays (from the syllabi from my classes) and realized that over the course of this semester I am expected to write at least 50 essays. That doesn't even include extra credit assignments. I find this more than a little ridiculous. I have been doing a lot better than I was expecting with my writing though, other than one paper that I forgot to look at word count for, I have been getting As and Bs. :)
I don't have much else to say- but I hope everyone's lives are going wonderfully! :)
-Chanda C.
PS: I bet a lot of mimes choke to death because people just think its an act.
Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment