Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trying to Focus

Today was a stressful day.
I met with my advisor. She was really nice. But I still have no idea what I want to do with my college career. Well actually, I want to drop out. But I don't know what I am going to do. :)
I came home from class and tried to figure out my schedule for next semester. I think I have it planned. I'll be taking Psychology 200, NATS 104: Nutrition,Italian 101, Theater 100, Classics 329: Art History Cinema, and either aerobic dance or badminton. Or both. It will be 17 credits. I think 5 of them will be honors but I can't quite remember (this semester I had 10 honors credits, ridiculous). Sarah and I are going to do Aerobic Dance together and I'm hoping someone will take Badminton with me :)
I'm pretty excited about next semester. I can't wait to see how I like psych. I also am excited about theater and my PE classes :)

Last night I washed Luna. She hates baths. But she looks so cute when she is wet. Like a grumpy little rat. Haha. After I brushed her she gave me the silent treatment all night. But now she is soft and clean. I'm really glad, she was smelling really bad. She gets so funny after she gets bathed. She was running around like crazy last night, I tried to get some videos but they aren't very good quality. Here is a picture of LunaBug:

She looks a lot better now. :)

I've been working on a personal mission statement, right now I need help with the wording. My options are:
a) Optimistically loving others and expressing that love daily through making decisions congruent with God's teachings.
OR
b) Loving others and expressing this daily by being optimistic and making decisions congruent with God’s teachings.
Same basic idea, but I am trying to figure out which sounds better.

My sister turns 16 this weekend. I feel so old. It doesn't feel like I am old enough for my little sister to be 16. She'll be driving and dating and growing up.. Agh. I can't even handle it. This year is just bizarre. This Thanksgiving will be the last one for forever that the usual people will be there. (The usual people: Monte (who will be leaving on his mission this summer, yikes!), Evan (who will leave before Monte gets back), Derek (who will leave before Evan gets back), and my family (and by the time Derek gets back some of them will probably be married. Ridiculous.)). I can't even wrap my mind around the idea. People are just growing up and moving on and it is hard to imagine how different everything will be. But it is good. Its life. Our family will just grow and grow and then we'll all be happy together (them with their families and children and me with my million dogs ;) hahaha).

Yesterday Sarah and I went to Wal*Mart again. She bought shoes for her friend on a mission. We had so much fun! There was a singing skull in the Halloween aisle and we had a dance party. Way cool. We also found randomly named pumpkins. And took a beautiful picture of us in masks (but her phone won't send it :( boo)). I've had so much fun hanging out with that girl. She's wonderful and I am so glad we've become friends :)

I like a boy (duh). And Taryn asked me yesterday about him. So I decided to clear the air. I like him. That's the end. I have been thinking a lot. I'm kind of a needy person. Actually, I'm really a needy person. And I'm working on that. I think I can be very independent, but I tend to cling to people (just ask my mom, I call her all the time saying I just need a hug, hehe).
This whole like but not date thing is an interesting situation to be in. I love and hate it. I'm learning a lot. And that is the whole point of life.

I can't wait for the rest of this week. I have TONS of homework, but I also have some exciting plans. I am going to a BBQ with Bert at Nicki and Lauren's. That will be SOOO fun! :) Also Bethany is planning a pumpkin carving party (I've never actually carved a pumpkin..). And Amy is hopefully going to cut my hair. I also hope to do something tomorrow (watch Glee. Read: I'm not a gleek, I have friends who are. And it is fun to watch). :)

Anyway, I'm going to go watch 30 Rock. Yay procrastination!

Peace,
Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment