Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School- what an adventure

Well, unfortunately my car was not finished at the mechanic. So the long weekend I spent at my mom's had no point- but it was fun. On Monday my mom drove me back down to Tucson, on the way back we noticed one of her tires was looking pretty flat so we pumped it up and went on. We stopped at Picacho Peak to walk around and use the restroom and my mom noticed that the front driver's side tire was showing steel through it (uh-oh). So she carefully drove to Tucson while I tried to find a tire shop that was open at 5:00 on Labor Day. Thankfully the Pep Boys Auto that she had taken Jane to was open so we went in there and they agreed to put new tires on the front, then they told us that two belts were fraying and needed replaced. We weren't certain if they were just trying to sell stuff to us, but the peace of mind was worth buying the new belts. So $300 poorer we left and stopped at Target to get me some groceries. I spent $43, half of that my roommate is going to reimburse me for though I think. So I'm now at $57 left for the month ($77 if my roomie pays me $20 back). I bought rolls, grapes, zucchini, tomatoes, avocadoes, onions, potatoes, rice, yogurt, eggs, and milk. My mom dropped me off at my sweet little home and left- unknowingly taking my wallet (including my cash, my student ID, my bus pass, my driver's license, and my Costco card) with her. Sad day. We have figured out a way for me to get it back, but for the next couple of days I have to pay for my bus rides with quarters ($1.25 a ride-- that sucks..). Oh the roller coaster of life..
I'm here now and safe. I had a little flu-scare-- last night I was running a fever and had body aches, but I took some Vitamin C and some ibuprofen and I feel a lot better today. Thank goodness. Now I have 3 days of classes to get through, an audition for the Honors play tonight, a Meet- Your -Mentor event for a scholarship program I'm in (also tonight), and a Rock Climbing Club meeting (which I hope isn't tonight, but I am concerned it is).
Hopefully at some point I will get my car, but that is going to take some doing (the road from Avondale to Tucson is cursed I'm pretty sure..).
I got a letter calling me to be a Visiting Teacher in University 5th Ward. I didn't know it was so formal that I would get a letter. I still don't know who I will be doing it with or who I will be doing it to (that sounds like its torture..) but I'm pretty excited to make some friends in my ward. I still feel like I am not making friends or memories (good ones anyway teehee). Lucia and I are going to have some people over probably next week.. So I'll be searching for fun looking people in my classes :)
I should go get ready for life. :)
Thanks for reading!
Chanda C.
UPDATE: Picture of Aaron, Melanie, and LunaBug waiting for my mom's car to get fixed. Thank goodness for technology! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment