Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just call me Leader

I had a great weekend!!

On Friday I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Jenkin, Brittany, Bethany, and Victoria.
Jenk and I both got 3 "Blazin" wings to eat.
I schooled him.
Tears came out of my eyes but it really was no big deal.
But Jenkin's lips swoll up and he was shaking and kept telling us that it was burning his mouth.
It was so funny.
I'm thinking about taking the challenge. 12 Blazin wings in 6 minutes with no drinking or wiping off your face.
I think I could do it. But the only prize is a tshirt and its free.
I'm thinking about trying it out.

Then on Saturday I volunteered at the Priest/Laurel Conference as a counselor.
It was SO FUN! I loved it. My group was purple and had 47 (yes, three less than FIFTY) children in it. It was weird because I really didn't feel older than them. But it was blast.
A few of the kids made me want to strangle them. :) one in particular, I didn't ever learn his name, but he was so frustrating. He had such a big ego and was a show off. He called me leader all day. Oh goodness, he was a tender soul that I was ready to send back to heaven.
After workshops and other things (about finances and disgusting "dorm cooking" ew) I went with the other counselors and slid down this slide that is in the music building.
Yes.
A slide.
IN the music building on campus.
FANTASTIC!!
It was so fun. Then we went and found a geocache on campus which was really cool!

Then we went and helped shepherd the children to a lecture hall on campus where President Shelton talked to them about education. After his talk a group of the counselors left and he joined us on our walk back.
That was when it happened.
I punched him in the arm.
Like a typical Chanda being friendly punch.
But he's the president of my university.
And I punched him.
Idiotic.
But hilarious.

We ate and then went and found ANOTHER geocache on campus (Ben knows whats up). Todd brought his longboard and I learned how to do it. It really made me want a longboard. It was so enjoyable.

It was a fantastic Saturday all in all. I loved it.
Today was good. Church was enjoyable.
My cochair was called for FHE.
And we had Linger Longer which was great. It was Luau themed! So tasty.

Anway, I'm gonna go get ready for bed.
Sweet dreams.

Chanda
PS. It is not HOW busy but WHY busy. The honeybee is praised while the mosquito is swatted.

No comments:

Post a Comment