Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011- the year before the Zombie Apocalypse

I'm back in Avondale!!! (After hanging out with Kalee and Bo and going to Five Guys in Boise). My flights went fine, they were both delayed but it worked out. I got home at about 11:00 last night (New Years Eve). I spent the next hour talking to my mom and starting laundry. Welcome 2011! :D
2010 was probably the best year of my life so far. (At least it was the best year that I remember.) Significant things happened and I don't regret any major decisions that I made.

January 2010: Started off the year with Jisella, Elizabeth, and Bryce Addison. Began the best semester of my high school life. Loved English UP.

February 2010: State Convention at North High School- amazing.

March 2010: 900 cupcakes made with Deanna, Kelly, Kendra, Amanda, Natalie, and other StuCo kids for the assembly that I was in charge of. That assembly could have been awesome. Hahaha. Accepted into a billion schools with considerable scholarships to all of them. Won $500 at Hatch Toyota.

April 2010: BEST TWO WEEKS EVER!!!!! Physics club trip to Six Flags with Bryce, Cami, Elizabeth, Jisella, and a bunch of my other close friends. That trip was amazing. Every single part of it. KeeganJ flew in to take me to Prom at Bodyworks which was great. Won Prom Queen. Spent every afternoon with Bryce Addison.

May 2010: Graduated from Blue Ridge with a 4.0 GPA. Sent in my letter of intent to Boise State. Found an apartment in Boise. Adopted sweet little LunaBug (first trip to PHX without a parent, had SOOOOOO much fun with Kim). Added up my various scholarships-- I was worth approx $750,000 according to all my schools. Got KFC scholarship, changed plans and sent letter of intent to UA instead. Registered for orientation. Fantastic grad night (I won pots and $100).

June 2010: Started working in San Carlos. Met amazing coworkers. Orientation at UA. Decided to room with Lucia. Said goodbye to Bryce Addison (cried. haha). Broke up with Keegan (cried.). Had tons of fun exploring Globe with William.

July 2010: Invited to eat lunch with Rainy and Nicole (best feeling ever, I was included and they are amazing. I miss those girls). Camped practically all month. Got lice twice (disgusting). Became all pro'd out as a baller. Got rezzified. Adopted as an Apache by my coworkers/children (I really miss them incredibly a lot). Moved my mom to Avondale.

August 2010: Started fixing Jane. Moved to Tucson. School. Found my classes. Becky talked to me at my first class of the year (huge blessing, my biggest fear was that I wouldn't make friends. But I did.). Stalked Reid after it. Met amazing people at Institute. Started washing my laundry at Tammy and Steve's. Met Kathleen (my mentor for a scholarship).

September 2010: Met more amazing people at Institute. Became friends with a lot of them. Jason visited Tucson. Met Taylor while walking Luna. Got Jane back. Jane was stolen. Became close with Bert, Amy, Kirsten, Ariell. Derrick drove my car to me and we worked a football game together. First time eating Taco Shop.

October 2010: Got to drive a rental car. Started dating Bert. Became close with Bethany, Lyndsay, Sarah. Had tons of fun at the Halloween dance as a unicorn. Became close with Matthew and Grace and Becky. Saw Dracula (so good). Temple trip with Bethany.

November 2010: Fantastic birthday celebrations. First time eating Five Guys. Thanksgiving was delicious. Got Sir Galahad (love love love love love). Gave Luna to my mom for safe keeping. HARRY POTTER 7!! Met a UA basketball player. Watched a UA basketball game. Kara Lareemae got married! Saw BRYCE ADDISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love him. Bought Stella! Visited Lakeside.

December 2010: End of 1st semester. Got decent grades. Lucia moved out. Brittany moved in. Went to Boise (happy happy happy happy happy). Became close with Sam and Chris. Met Kalee and Bo and Tim (big fan, but didn't spend much time with them unfortunately). Wonderful Christmas. Best finals week ever (two all-nighters, several food nights, Derrick's graduation). Became close with Jenkin and David and Dillon. Broke up with Bert. Discovered my love of Left for Dead. Visited Lakeside.


Seriously: amazing year. I thought I would be in Boise. But I'm not. And I'm okay with that (temporarily). I love my friends. I love my dog. I love my apartment. I love my roommate. I love my family. Life is good.

I can't wait to see where 2011 takes me.

Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment