Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reflections on the semester

Since it is the end of my first semester at college (kind of a big deal) I decided to write my impressions down.

I think I accomplished most everything that is expected during freshman year.

X Staying up too late
X Procrastinating homework
X Ditching class to sleep
X Ditching class out of laziness
X Making friends
X Making a fool of yourself
X Overscheduling yourself
X Forgetting assignments
X Remembering assignments
X Caring just enough about school to get A-Bs
X New relationship
X Heartache
X Roommate issues
X Car stolen (wait, what? hahahahah)
X Parking citation (shame...)
X New friends
X Visits home to do laundry
X Eating terribly unhealthy food
X Gaining weight (maybe, I don't know how much I did weigh or how much I weigh now.. Just guessing.)
X Eating only desserts for an entire day
X Going to concerts
X Napping
X Facebook stalking
X Staying up late to do homework
X Eating out more than 3 times in a week
X Sleepovers
X The wonders of YouTube
X Nervous first impressions
X First dates
X Happy second dates
X Dances
X Phone calls at midnight to share happy news
X Having the best friends ever (oh wait, thats just MY experience. hahah)
X Video games
X Bike rides
X Hanging out and doing nothing at all

You get the point. I had a fantastic semester. I wish I could get the college experience without the classes, seriously, they're killer sometimes. I do believe the highlight of my semester was my car issues. Not having it to start with, then FINALLY getting it, having it stolen 2 weeks after finally getting it, then getting a rental car, getting a parking citation because apparently there are rules to parallel parking, then finding my other car, totalling my car, renting the Smart car for one night, looking for a new car, getting to drive Sir Galahad, squeaky belts, radio that needed a code.... Just fantastic :) haha.

Speaking of cars, this year I have driven the following makes of cars (more than twice): dodge, chevy, vw, mazda, mitsubishi, and toyota. I also drove a smart car for a day. I will drive a Mini when I see my dad sometime. The mazda was my favorite. Such a fabulous car. I miss it. :) But I do love Sir Gal. He's very kind to me.

My grades this semester weren't as terrible as I thought they would be. I kind of ignored them throughout the semester and then my heart sank when I realized that I had NO idea what I was getting. I believe I got B's in my INDV and English. A's in Paladins, TRAD, Leadership. Not too shabby. I'm going to try to care more next semester though.

I know I talk about my friends a lot, but can I just say again that they are the best? Honestly, I love them so much. I just had no idea that there were people as wonderful as they are out in the world and I feel so lucky to be able to call them my friends. I'm really not looking forward to much of Christmas break because I'm not going to see any of my friends. Its unfortunate. Although, a lot of them are in the PHX area so maybe I will see them. I hope to. They're wonderful. They definitely made my semester.

Also, I think moving away made me like my family more. Is that terrible? Distance makes the heart grow fonder I suppose. I think I just took for granted how much I like them. But being far away makes me remember. They're so wonderful. I love calling home and having Aaron pick up and getting to tease him and then getting to talk to my mom. And talking to Mel about her life and school. And texting Taryn about random things (like guys falling off motorcycles.. hahahahaha). And I really miss Wader a lot. I can't wait to go to Boise and see him :) :)

I have also been suprised at the people that I have and haven't missed from high school. I thought it was really going to suck moving away from all my underclassmen friends, but it really hasn't been that bad. Granted, there are times where I do miss them and wonder how they are and such but it isn't a painful missing them. Its just a fact of life missing them. I love that I live in a time where I can text and facebook stalk and email and skype. I love that it is so easy to keep up with people that live far away.

When one of my friends from high school or from work over the summer writes on my facebook or texts me or calls or chats or basically attempts communication in any way- it makes my day. I think about my friends a lot and knowing that they thought about me makes me happy.

I'm super excited for next semester, its going to be a lot harder academically than this semester was, hopefully it won't be as much writing though. And I'm really excited for the material I will be learning. I can't wait to start throwing around Italian words :) :) :) and learning about nutrition (maybe it will make me change my eating habits... not likely..). Also- theater I am hoping will be super fun. And art history will be interesting, but I have it with Reid so that should make it better. AND! Psych 200 I have with my friend Morgan. We will test how far we're allowed to bring Harry Potter into that class. Hahaha. And then hopefully I'll get to take dance with Sarah and maybe Brittany. If not dance then I might take Arizona Heritage (some guy in my leadership class suggested it).

About my finals. I finished my leadership final in 20 minutes. It was sweet. Haha. I feel pretty good about it too. Like, if I didn't get an A I will be mildly suprised. I just got my score back for my last English essay: 28/30. 93%. Fantastic. This thrills me. Harry Potter has yet to let me down. :)

Anyway, I'm going to go get ready and head to Sarah's house so we can go to the concert :) :) :)

Love peace and frybread grease,
Chanda
PS That was my apache coming out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment