Friday, December 10, 2010

I am forever done with English :) :) :)

I just finished my English 109h final. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy. It was fairly easy. 3 short answers and 1 essay. Took me an hour. I feel fairly confident about it. And now I'm done. Hopefully with a B. Pretty sure with a B. I should care more. Oh well.

Later today I have my Foundations of Leadership final. That one will be difficult. I should study. But not yet.

Last Friday Mel was awarded student of the month. Go her. Sir Galahad got a new starter (which then didn't work.. but now it does) and new belts (which squeal a lot. :) its car screamo music) and 2 new tires! He's wonderful. His stereo also got fixed which is fantastic. Tom Flake asked me to go to the dance on Friday night, but I was in Avondale so I couldn't. However, he asked Sarah and she got to go! She had borrowed one of my dresses. The same one that I went to Winter Formal with Jared Flake in. Tom's brother. Hahaha. So coincidental! :) My mom and I spent some wonderful mother-daughter time on Friday. We ate some delicious muffins from Einstein Bros. I love muffins. A lot. Friday night we went out to eat for Mel's birthday, it was fun. I love my family. They're so tender.

Saturday I just hung out with the fam some more. Then I drove home to Tucson and Sarah and I went and watched Tangled. Cute movie. Predictable and typical but it IS Disney so... :) At the very end of the movie its a tender little scene and I totally called everything that would happen. The guy (Eugene) says something SUPER cheesy and I said "ugh" in disgust right afterwards. People were looking at us. Couldn't help it, I'm a cynic. ;) it was actualliy hilarious when it happened. Then Sarah came and stayed the night at my house. It was fun, but my floor is not very comfortable to sleep on. Oh yeah, and Bert and I broke up. Which was... awkward.

Then I brought her home on Sunday morning and went to church. At church I sat by Victoria- she's so funny. We had a good time. Uplifting. Then I went to break the fast and then had to go write a paper with a group for my leadership class. Right after that I went to the Christmas fireside then went home and did some homework. Then I went to Sarah's and slept at her house. Much more comfortable. Haha :)

Monday was fairly typical. It was filled with homework-- I rewrote my final English essay which was stressful. It ended a LOT better than it started. Sarah came and spent the night at my house again. :) :) :)

Tuesday was a day filled with happiness. I had my last class. Presented about Harry Potter in English. Ate a lot of cookies. And then... BRITTANY MOVED IN!!! She's darling. Ben Carpenter from the ward and Sarah came and helped. Then Sarah and I had a lovely dinner while Brittany was out with her parents. Then Brittany came back and we all went to Target and Walmart.
Sarah and my dinner. Brittany's table. She has fabulous taste.

On Wednesday I bought my ticket to BOISE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited :) :) :) :) :) I get to see Wade!!! And BOISE! :) Woohoo!!! I met with my mentor Kathleen again. She is so wonderful. Everytime I talk to her I am reminded of that. Hopefully next week she and I are going to cook together. :) Then I "wrote papers" with Becky and Reid, but really we just complained about the assignment and talked. :) then Becky left and Reid, Derrick, Dillon, Jenkin, and I played in the gym and then went to Taco Shop with Brittany and a bunch of other people. (This is how it got started: Tuesday night Sarah texted me and said "we need to initiate Brittany to Tucson. You know what that means? Taco Shop!" and I said "flip yeah."). :) we met up with Matthew, Bert, Sarah, and Bethany. I love Taco Shop. It is so tasty. After Taco Shop some of the group came back to Brittany and my apartment. We watched youtube and Brittany made delicious cookies and my visiting teachers came over (I had forgotten about our appointment. Ha. Oops.). It was really fun.
Sarah, Bert, Jenkin, Reid, Bethany, Derrick

Reid's face, Dillon, Chanda, Sarah, Brittany, Jenkin, Bert

Reid, Dillon, Chanda, Sarah, Brittany, Bert, Jenkin

She's so pretty!

PLAID!!!!!!! I love plaid. Reid, Jenkin, Derrick, back of Bert's head, back of Brittany's head, little Bethany's face.

Sarah, Brittany, Dillon, Chanda

Dillon, Sarah, Brittany

Derrick, Bethany, Reid

Bert and Jenkin. The Yumans.


I had a lot of fun. I hope Brittany did too...

Thursday was really fun. I woke up and finished my TRAD paper. Then I went to campus and turned in my scholarship paper thing. Then I met up with a group to study for my Leadership final. Then I went to Amy's and we had Left for Dead Day. :) :) :) I really enjoy killing zombies. I'm terrible at navigating around but I really liked playing the game. Then the group (Amy, Kirstin, Brittany, Jenkin, Bert, Derrick, Dillon) went to Bison Witches and ate delicious and overpriced sandwiches and soup. This adventure included walking down a dark alley and through a bar. It felt like zombies were going to come attack us. Hahaha. Then we went back to Amy's and played more L4D and then watched a terrible zombie movie. Then I went home and "studied" for my english final.

Tomorrow I will either go on the ward temple trip OR watch a not terrible zombie movie at Amy's. :) I'm hoping to nail down a time to go hike Sabino Canyon next week with a group, but I don't know if that will happen. Its possible. Hopeful. :)

As for now:
I like this song a lot.

Silver Lining by Garfunkel and Oates:

You gotta get up in the morning
No matter what happened last night
He ripped your heart out without warning
But there's only one thing to do
No matter what you're going through

Get up out of bed
Right foot, left foot moving
Get out of your head
Soon you'll be improving

You'd see the sun outside is shining
If you would only open your eyes
Haven't you heard of silver lining?
And if he never felt that way
Why would you want him to stay?

When you have come so far
From the place you started
Just be the girl you are
Although you're broken hearted

...Verse deleted....

Get up out of bed
Right foot, left foot moving
Get out of your head
Soon you'll be improving

And it doesn't matter why he's gone
It only matters that he's gone
And soon it's plain to see
That you're better than that
So get out your bat
And bash his memory

... last verse not important..

:)
love!
Chanda

No comments:

Post a Comment