Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving, or "Rotisserie Chicken Day"

Hello!

Just a little update while I am here at work bored the day before Thanksgiving...

I went to DISNEYLAND for my 21st birthday!! It was really wonderful.
Roland and I were both feeling sick before we went, but we didn't know when we would have the opportunity to go again and we had both already gotten the time off. So we kept with our plans.
The first day was rough, we both had headaches and sore throats that were aggravated by rides (the headaches at least). It was really nice to walk around and eat delicious food and chat though.

The next day (thanks to many prayers) we felt totally better. We got to go on all of the rides we wanted and the longest line we waited in was probably only 30 minutes. We had SO much fun.

I ate like 5 churros, which is all a girl could ever ask for. Also, we discovered this adorable little restaurant called the Jolly Holiday Cafe (it is Mary Poppins themed- made me nostalgic). It kind of took the place of the bakery on Main Street USA, put me in a room with peppy music and loads of baked goods and I'll be over the moon.

For the holidays Disney had a whole slew of special treats. My favorite were the gingerbread beignets! SO GOOD. Who knew you could improve from a traditional beignet?

We also had a Dole Whip and a Turkey Leg (we had never had those Disney staples prior to this trip, which is crazy considering how often he and I have been to Disneyland separately). Those were so delicious.

Roland and I had agreed that if we didn't get along at Disneyland that we would have to break up, thankfully for us we got along splendidly.

The semester is winding down and I can't express how grateful I am for that. My classes are going well, I'm getting good grades. But I have given up on my dream of speaking Spanish. That's been squished out of me. And I realized that Statistics is just a way to confuse people. And I hate online classes. So, a lot of learning experiences this semester.

I'm excited for next semester (I'll be taking almost all Psych classes). It has been tough working two jobs and taking classes, by the time I get home I just want to sleep or watch TV until my mind melts. We'll see how next semester goes. More classes and hopefully more hours at work (why do I do this?)!

My friend from high school died last week, I missed his funeral because I was in California. I hope and pray that everyone affected by his death will find a positive way to deal with the tragedy.

That's been about it. Thanks for reading.
Keep on keepin' on!

Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment