Thursday, November 22, 2012

Obligatory Thanksgiving post

I'll try to keep this a little fresh, everyone is posting what they are thankful for.. But I would be rude to not follow suit.

Tucson: I am thankful for Tucson because we still need to use our AC at the end of November. I miss trees and leaves but I don't miss being cold.

UofA: It is such a blessing in my life to be able to go to a great university on scholarship. Through UA I have two jobs and have met people that have influenced my life in ways I never imagined. I love the Institute program here and I love the opportunities I have been given to grow and learn who I am and what I believe.

Friends: I know everyone says that they have the best friends in the world, and I really do have the best friends for me. The friends who helped me get through high school (even the ones I don't keep in contact with, which is most of them) helped shape me so much. Recently I've seen how much impact friends can have on each other, I'm thankful to have made friends that kept me in line with my goals and encouraged me to be the best that I can be. And now, I am thankful for my friends at UA (even the ones I don't keep in contact with...mostly because a lot of them are married now). My friends keep me keeping on. They're wonderful influences and examples and knowing that they are here for me brings so much joy to my life.

My house/roommates: This overlaps quite a bit. My roommates are wonderful. I love that when we see each other we always have something to say, but we're also good about not being all up in each others' business. We're so different in our personalities but I absolutely love them. I'm lucky to have had this opportunity to live here, with these girls, and be able to have my little dog with me. This house has been wonderful. I am able walk to school and work (or ride the bus) and I get my own room and bathroom and Luna gets a doggy door and we have a giant kitchen. It's wonderful.

Family: Of course, my family. My immediate family really knows how to drive me crazy, but with that they also know how to make me the happiest person alive. I can't wait to see Wade this December (although I will miss going to Idaho). I'm so happy for Taryn (graduating high school). I love that Aaron calls me regularly (even when I usually don't answer). I'm so proud of Melanie and her swimming and schoolwork. My dad sent me a tender birthday card (with an ORANGE envelope!). And my mom almost always picks up when I call her. They're so wonderful. And my extended family is just as good! I love that my aunts and uncles are so willing to help me out however they can. I miss seeing them, but I will see a lot of them in December for our family Christmas FHE and I really look forward to that.

I forgot a few things..

Roland: I'm so thankful that he has been a part of my life this past year. (Last Thanksgiving he joined my family at our meal.) I love how willing he is to do anything he can to help me. He drives me around for errands, he takes me on dates, he drove me to Disneyland, he lets me hang out with (half of) his family, he makes me laugh SO hard, he's so wonderful.

The Gospel: I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for the hope and happiness it allows me to feel. I love my ward and my bishop and the scriptures and the leaders of the church. I've been praying about going on a mission, and while I don't feel that it is necessary for me right now, I do hope to serve one day.

I have so much to be grateful for. And now I get to do homework (which isn't something I am generally very thankful for).

Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment