Saturday, February 5, 2011

Carrot Bread and Snogging

I had a Nutrition chapter test yesterday.
I thought it was for chapter one...
....
Yeah, it was for chapter 1 AND 2.
Oops.
I think I did alright though :)

And I got a 93% on my Italian! :)

Yesterday Bethany, Lyndsay, and I made carrot cake.
Or that is what it was supposed to be anyway.

We used the Institute's food processor to shred the carrots.
There was A LOT of juice so Bethany got worried that they were pureed.
So we used a recipe for pureed carrot cake.
But they were definitely shredded.
We also used half whole wheat flour.
It was THICK.

It tastes alright. Not quite sweet enough but very ... wholesome.
We still had carrots left over from the cake, so after some debate we went and I got in a bit of a carrot fight with Jenkin.
It was fun.
The carrots would leave my hand in a ball but splat EVERYWHERE when they hit Jenkin.

I very much enjoyed myself.
After that we went to Victoria's and watched Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging.
CHEESY movie.
But it was funny. I enjoyed it.
If they hadn't had British accents I don't think I would have enjoyed it.
Haha.

Funny quotes with pictures:
Bethany, me, and Lyndsay

Soooo many carrots!

Sooo many pans.

Victoria

After the carrot fight (which I totally dominated).

Bethany wrote me a fantastic song last night. But it isn't really appropriate to share on my blog....

Victoria (dropped something out of the freezer): EEK!!! ..... (looked at me, staring at her) that was too much?
Me: way too much.

Victoria (after our debate about who to throw carrots at): But ya know, throwing carrots at people isn't something you just do to anyone.

Bethany (while watching the movie and after already mentioned the amount of old people extras): What is with these people on their hover rounds!??! They're everywhere!!!

Bert (while I was shredding carrots and couldn't hear him): (making lots of crazy hand motions, and air fighting) (I turn off the food processor) ...and that was what happened in TRAD today.

HAHAHA.
I love my friends.

Today my dad may or may not be coming to visit me. If he doesn't then I'm going to hopefully get gelato with Bert and then I'm feeding the missionaries with maybe Bert and Jenkin and maybe Bethany and Lyndsay.
I also need to do laundry.
My life is so repetitive.

Chanda C.

1 comment:

  1. "Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?"
    -Andy Warhol

    Just some perspective for you repetitive life. Mine's that way too. Always the same, but always different.

    :)

    ReplyDelete