Saturday, February 19, 2011

Brittany's Birthday :)

Today my beautiful roommate turns 20. Woohoo!
In celebration we are going to go out to eat for dinner with a group of friends.

Speaking of groups of friends, I feel like I've made a lot of new friends this semester.
That is a fantastic feeling.

I've become a lot closer to Sean and David.
They're boys at the institute (Sean was the first student I talked to at the institute. David is his brother.)
They're super nice.
Also we (and by we I mean Brittany, Jenkin, and I) met this guy named Justin at the dance last weekend.
He's great, very funny.
I've also become friends with Ali, Zac, and Joseph. They're in my art history class.
Also, this boy named Anthony has been hanging out with us lately.
He's quite hilarious.

I seriously have the funniest people in my life.
I feel like I'm constantly laughing around them.
I love it.
So much.

Now, the happenings in my wonderful life..
I went shopping with Becky! She needed business clothes and didn't have any. So we had a fun time (because neither of us like shopping so it was easy and quick. Perfect.) :)
Last weekend there was a dance (it was technically a Valentine's Day dance, but whatev).
It was quite enjoyable!
They played Singled Out and I won a date with Jenkin.
Victoria won a date with Ben.
Anthony won a date with another girl.

That night we met Justin and went to IHOP after the dance.
We also longboarded (I love it. I want one.).
That was Lyndsay, Brittany, Justin, Jenkin, and I.
Me being all pro'd out on the board.

Lyndsay and Brittany

Jenkin and Justin

That was really fun. We were up super late.

The next night we went to see a movie together. Then we went back to our apartment and hung out. It was really fun. That group was Brittany, Jenkin, Justin, David, and Sean.

The week held many tests and homework assignments, some of which did not get done (I hate group work...)  it was good. Most of the tests went pretty well though.
I got a 99% on my Italian test.
And a 90% on my psych quiz.
Yay!
Still waiting to hear about my Nutrition and Art History tests though.
I talked to Tyler (friend from high school) for like an hour and a half on Thursday night, it was great catching up.

Zac and I finished a crossword puzzle. Okay, honestly I only helped with the last like 4 clues. But I helped FINISH it so I think that should count.
On Thursday Zac, Jenkin, and I all matched accidentally. It was pretty tender.
Our blue rectilinear patterns.
Isn't that just adorable? Also on Thursday I was invited to this scholarship awards thing, I thought it was just a dinner or something so I invited my mentor (Kathleen) to come with me. She did and it was absolutely fantastic seeing her. The dinner dealio was actually an awards ceremony and they called everyone up individually to get a certificate of academic excellence. That was pretty cool I guess.

After the awards thing and the crossword finishing Justin came to the institute with his longboard (I want.) and we did that for awhile and then went to Which Witch which is the most fantastic sandwich shop ever. Okay not really, but it definitely beat out Subway in my book. It was suuuuuuuper tasty. Then we longboarded some more and had a grand ole time.

Friday night was fun. I went to Target with Sarah! I never seem to hang out with her anymore.
There was another dance, it was actually this whole activity at Old Tucson for the YSA wards. I missed the gun show, which was sad. But the dance was great. I danced like a crazy person.
It was actually gross how much I was sweating. Bleh.
Zac and I rocked out to Bulletproof and So What. That was super fun. We were great together.
I also loved dancing with Bethany, Victoria, Anthony, and Lyndsay. We had a killer group going.
I didn't enjoy the speaker at the activity, but she talked about marriage so that isn't surprising.

After the dance we went to QT and got drinks and then went to Brittany and my apartment and talked until like 1:30. It was a really good night.

I worked out 2 times this week AND danced like a maniac last night. I hurt. Haha.
I'm on this kick where I feel like I'm not healthy so I've decided to start working out.
It'll probably go away next week, but its been nice while it lasted.

I'm starting to look for housing. I want to find a house or apartment with a yard. And roommates that will let me have my dog. I miss her greatly.

Great quotes:
Anthony: "I love fruits, like if I were Adam I would have already eaten the apple you know?"
Justin: "Do guys have a manstration period..?"
Jenkin: "His voice IS going to fade. The next day. BECAUSE of this song." (referring to a metal core singer)
Jenkin: "Cuz that could be showing too. It happens-- A LOT."
Bethany: "I bought new laundry detergent...?" (We asked if she had changed anything lately because she is on fire if you know what i mean.)
Kalee: "Her tiny clinging hairs are presents. They are tokens of her canine affection."
Brittany: "I just got flipped off by an eighty year old woman for no reason!"
Sarah and me: "Turn. Left. NO." (it was written on the road backwards so you read it as you drove but it was on a hill so you could see the whole thing..)
Bert: "Like brisk pine kissed by the dews of heaven" (it rained. MMmmmmmmmmmmm)
Bert: "Hey guys.... Hey Jenkin <3..." (you could hear the heart in his voice.)
Zac: "I love semantics. They're pretty much my fave."
Zac: "I love that I could hear you say "oh crap" during the art history test Chanda, because that's what I was thinking too."

I love my friends.
I do believe I am surrounded by the best people that this dear little life has to offer.

Chanda

3 comments:

  1. That dance was just about the most fun I've had in a while. Can we please be southern all the time?

    Also, semantics are my fave. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I totally love our matching shirts. And that you used "rectilinear" in a normal setting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dance was fairly spectacular, I completely agree. And I used rectilinear to show that we can apply what we learn in that dumb class to real life. I found it quite appropriate in its use.
    And yes Zac, we can be Southern all the time. I already am embracing it.

    ReplyDelete