Sunday, October 7, 2012

So I'm taking this class..

Called LRC320: Technology in the Classroom (or something like that, I know it has something to do with technology and education and using technologies in classes as a teacher). It is an online class, which I have discovered I kind of hate. But I also have learned a lot.

For this class I made a website. You can visit this website (if you feel like it) at u.arizona.edu/~chandalc.
It is a work in progress (I recently learned that I am terrible with technology).

It took me like 4 weeks and a lot of tears to get that picture on my site. And it is stretched weird so I look fatter than I really am. But I got so frustrated that I haven't changed it.

Last night, Taryn, Roland, and I went to the Tournament of Destruction. It is a real thing. A monster truck rally. Roland and I got to ride in a monster truck! And we saw demo derbies (we made a lot of jokes that demo stood for demonstration and that they didn't make much sense... It was funny, trust me), and monster truck races, and motorcross stunts, and a lot of rednecks. I felt like I was back in Lakeside. The most embarrassing part of the whole night was that the program for the event had at least 3 typos on it. I want to post an ad to businesses everywhere,
"Proofreader: $10/two page document. Don't make your business/event look like it was planned by rhesus monkeys. Have anything that the public will see read by me first."

Anyway, I had a great time. Check out my Facebook for some photos. Or my Twitter.

Also, I have a Tumblr. I repost funny things. I don't make the pictures so some of them have bad words. Sorry about that. But you can check it out. My cool, sometimes questionable tumblr!

Also of note this weekend, GENERAL CONFERENCE!! (That is when the Prophet speaks to the world in a broadcast. If interested, click here! Or here for general inquiries about my religion.) It was so wonderful to hear inspired and uplifting words. I really enjoyed conference and I look forward to getting to read the talks and study them in more depth.
I noticed, however, that all women in conference speak the same. That Utah accent is sometimes more than I can bear...

Have a good day!

Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment