Saturday, October 29, 2011

DAYGLOW

I still don't know which letters to capitalize.
It is tonight, damas y caballeros! I cannot wait! :)

The results of my midterms are in. One B and the rest As (I even got 100% on one of them). :D whee! Celebration!

This week was crazy. Last week was crazy. I'm ready for my life to settle back down. I'm afraid that this is the new norm rather than an exception to my usually happy life.

So. Much. Stress.

I can't even pinpoint exactly what the stress is.

I am doing an after school program for Mad Science on Fridays again. This time at Cottonwood Elementary. I've only had one class but it went great!! A parent asked to sit in (which made me SO nervous) and she did the activities with us and seemed to enjoy herself. The kids were fantastic, they got very into it and kept sitting. It was a breath of fresh air after my last ASP.

I went camping last weekend with my ward. It was enjoyable. The mountains are beautiful! It got cold, that was a surprisingly refreshing feeling after being in the desert and trying to not use the AC for two months.

I also went home last weekend. It was so great. I needed time away from Tucson. I got to see my family and also hung out with Blaine, Roland, Wes, and Denise. Chloe came with me and I was happy to get to spend more time with her. She's great. I'm lucky to have her as a roommate.

My little Taryn is 17 now. Holy crap, right? She's so beautiful and so so so so incredibly talented. Seriously, this girl has got it going on. Hand her ANYTHING and she'll know what to do with it. She's working, doing cross country, and going to school this semester. I don't know how she does it. She's strong. I admire her for it.

I got a letter from Jenkin today. It took 10 days to get here from his area. He's doing great. His emails (he's allowed to email now! :D) and this last letter actually sound like him again. It's fantastic. I was so so happy. His area is really humid and apparently all of his envelopes sealed themselves so the one I got was a piece of work. Haha. It was very taped up and he had written all over the front of the envelope. I'm thrilled though.

The Halloween dance was last night. I am a little sick but went anyway. It was so much fun. I dressed up in all sorts of nonsense and when people asked what I was I would reply "Anything you want me to be baby ;)" some people thought it was funny. Some didn't.

Camp fire games! Don't ask.

Okay so maybe the cold wasn't so great. But these people are!

My costume consisted of: leggins, long socks, a tail, superman shirt, lightning bolt scar, cowboy hat, Hawaiian necklace, princess gloves, handcuffs, fairy wings, knight breastplate, and old school glasses.

This is a collage of the letter from Jenkin. :) He's just great.

Well I am going to go buy shorts for DAYGLOW and meet Chloe's grandma and great aunt. Woooh.

God bless,

Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment