Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Getting the flu is the worst.

I wrote a bit about having the flu last week. I'm STILL sniffling. It's been 9 days people!
I am very grateful that I was only out of the game for 2 of them, the other 7 I have been going to school and work and carrying on in my normal, if sniffly, way.
Also, in one of my classes I had a test on Thursday of last week. Since I had missed Tuesday's class I was pretty worried, but the TA for that class was incredibly kind and met with me on Wednesday to go over what I had missed both in class AND at the study session that had happened Tuesday night. I was incredibly thankful for that and I ended up getting 34.5/35 on my test! :D
I had another test today, I would like to say it went just as good.. But it didn't. I hope to have pulled off a B, but I'm not sure. I expected it to be easy and I was very disappointed. Unfortunately, I had studied as if it were going to be easy.
I had a Spanish quiz yesterday and got a 19/20 on it. So overall my academics aren't terrible. :) I've been very blessed to have an intellect that remembers and recalls things easily.
Also, I spoke in church on Sunday. I was actually really happy with how my talk turned out. I spoke about preaching the gospel. And I spoke for an entire 22 minutes. That is easily 11x as long as any other talk I've given. I was really proud for speaking slowly and whatnot, then Brother Miller told me he had no idea I could speak so fast. And later Steven told me that had English been his second language he wouldn't have understood what I said. Despite my apparent lightning-fast speaking speed, I talked for just the right amount of time. I also got some really good laughs at appropriate times. The man who I spoke with said that I had the congregation eating out of the palm of my hand. I'm not certain that is the case, but I was pleased. I also went off-script for a lot of my talk. Which was scary but exhilarating. And-- only like 2 paragraphs of that entire talk weren't written by me. I'll post a copy of what I had planned on saying, I don't expect it to be read- but if you are curious. I think it will probably lose some of the poignancy not being read aloud, but the gist of it was a good message.

In other news, Valentine's day was yesterday. I didn't post any statements about it. Even though I thought about it a lot. But I had a really good day. It was busy, since I had a test the next day and a quiz on the day. I also had to go to office hours for Spanish to make up the points for having been absent.
That was comical, I wasn't expecting my professor to speak Spanish at office hours, but she did. I made a fool of myself. Usually there is a 2-3 second lag between what she says and me comprehending it. Which in class is fine, because I can keep up and everything. But one on one... I looked like a fool.
I also had a presentation in my night class yesterday, so I had to meet up with my partner for that. And I made cupcakes for the class and they had to be frosted. My cupcakes, by the way, were so good. I put a knock-off Oreo on the bottom of each cupcake and then made Devil's food mix but mixed in some brownie mix and sour cream. They were pretty tasty. Also, Roland and I frosted them with pink cream cheese frosting (shout out to my mom for getting me a cake decorating kit for Christmas, she's the best). Super tasty. If you've never had a cupcake with an oreo baked inside, you must try it sometime. It's surprisingly delicious. Not surprising in that oreos are usually gross, I was just surprised at the extent to which it changed the flavor of the cupcake.
Roland had taken the day off (have I mentioned that I'm dating Roland? I am.) so we could hang out and I felt bad because I just dragged him around wherever I went. Also, we had to walk to my meeting and office hours and while we were walking IT SNOWED ON US. I was so upset. (Roland keeps telling people I said the f-word, rest assured, I did not. I may have felt like it, but I didn't.) Anyway, he got me Happy Hippos- which are my favorite ever and they're only really sold one place so I'm thrilled. And he got me TWO superman shirts. Gosh I love Superman. I wanted to wear one of them today, but as you might have guessed considering my aforementioned statement about the weather- it was too cold. Roland and I also made dinner and it was super delicious. And then we did homework. iQue romantica! ;)

Anyway, it had been awhile since I blogged so I decided to update with these humble details of my life. Below are photos. :)


Superman shirts that I own. It's funny, because I got one from Keegan, one from Jenkin, three from Roland, one with (but not from) Jason, and I got one on my own. :) Super-men.

Dinner and also cupcakes. Chloe had not locked my car once and so to apologize she bought Roland and I sparkling apple/grape juice for dinner :)
Also, those are the leftover cupcakes in the  background. I had two for breakfast this morning. Then, after lunch, I went to Roland's mom's house and she gave me another cupcake (that she had made) and it was so delicious. It was red velvet with a Godiva dark chocolate truffle baked inside and white chocolate buttercream frosting. Mmmm. I love me some cupcakes.

Whole wheat tortellini, salad with grapes, cheesy garlic bread, bean salad...

Roland, opening up the juice.

Oh and I got new glasses! This is one pair, I like them a lot.

I love you all!

Chanda C.

No comments:

Post a Comment