Saturday, March 21, 2015

WOOO

A little update on the fun things I've been doing recently..

I went to AZ for a month! I am so glad I went. As soon as the doctor cleared me for travel (which, really, he just said I could walk on my previously-broken foot) I called my dad and we made flight arrangements. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!"- me, ready to leave Minnesota

I stayed in Show Low for about a week with my dad and... LUNA!!! It was lovely. Show Low was much warmer than Minnesota (imagine that) so I was able to walk LunaBug and spend time in the sun. It was still, you know, Show Low, so there wasn't a lot to be done but it was relaxing.


This was actually taken when I left, look at her sad sad eyes. :(
"You're breaking my heart!"

I went to Tucson! Oh my goodness, it was awesome. I ate poutine (in Tucson. Not in the state where I have lived for 7 months bordering Canada. Life is strange.), tacos, enchiladas, green corn tamales, pizza, In N Out, Eegees, and donuts. The foods I had truly missed while I was away.

I was able to catch up with a bunch of my friends and they were so so kind in letting me stay with them and driving me around and keeping me entertained. I'm so thankful for that opportunity. I have world class friends. I also got to see my aunt, uncle, and cousins who live there! It was AWESOME getting to see my cousins and how grown up they are getting. Their house truly feels like home and I am so grateful I was able to experience that again.

After my lovely time in Tucson I went back to Show Low for a while. I was able to go to lunch with my Grandma and Grandpa Stewart! We went to Darbi's, a Lakeside tradition. I'm so blessed to have them in my life, especially since they were kind enough to drive all the way from Snowflake to see me.

They're so lovely <3

I was also able to see Wyndie, Eugene, and Monte (aunt, uncle, cousin). They took me to dinner and it was really tasty and super fun to catch up. I consider myself lucky to count them as family.

My dad and I drove up to Northern California to see my grandfather and (many, but not all of) my aunts and uncles. We drove through my mission! It was deserty and quite ugly and I am just so excited to serve there!
My Pa and Jeanne's property, on the other hand, is gorgeous and had perfect weather. I was the only grandchild there which is a rare occasion, so I really got to enjoy time getting to know my family a little bit better.


Me and Pa. He was sneaking a kiss on my cheek while I was distracted.

On the way back from California my dad and I went to Vegas. I had never been there (to my recollection, anyway. I guess when I was little I went?). We walked about 6 miles on the Strip. We saw one hooker. And we were requested to attend 2 (or 3) strip clubs. It was great! I was so impressed with the architecture of the Strip AND I didn't even get sore from walking.


My dad and I at the Trevi fountain. He gave me a quarter to throw in (it is supposed to bring you good luck in your love life, or so we were told-- he must really like Erik). 

I flew back to Minnesota from Vegas. I had 5 letters from Erik waiting for me, so it was okay. My heart will always be in the southwest.

My MTC was changed to Provo (instead of Mexico). This was to put me closer to help in case something goes screwy with my back. Also, because I was leaving so quickly they didn't have to worry about figuring out my visa information. BECAUSE I AM LEAVING AT THE END OF MARCH! YEAH!

I've done my final shopping. I've started packing my things. My mom and I have been able to spend a lot of time together. I'M READY!!!


Celebrating at Cheesecake Factory


Can we just take a moment to appreciate how clear my skin looks in this photo? Is puberty finally over?

The week I came back to Minnesota, Erik sent me a package from Chile. The last package he sent took something like 7 weeks to get here so I did not anticipate getting it before I left. MIRACLES HAPPEN! I got the package yesterday. He is so so so wonderful. He included the booklet that the Church published "My Family" (it is a fill-in-the-blank book about your ancestors and you). He started mine for me by filling out the page "about me." He also sent his favorite chocolates from Chile and some socks that match ones he has. Ah, I just am so so thankful for the joy in my life thanks to him. He is a wonderful support and always manages to motivate and uplift me.

I could probably go off on that tangent for years (in fact, I plan to-- ha ha). The point is, I am so blessed.

I am thankful to know that God has a plan for me and that the goal of that plan is for me to be happy and the best that I can be. I know that, given enough time, I will be able to see God's hand in my life in every situation and trial. I know that He put people in my life to help me become better and to get me through the difficult times I have faced. I know that He wants the best for me and that He knows what, exactly, the best is. This knowledge and testimony bring me so much peace and happiness. I am anxiously looking forward to being able to share my testimony of that with the people in southern California.

I can hardly believe that 3 months ago (yesterday) I fell off a ladder and broke my back and foot. I'm now able to work out every morning (able, but not really "willing"), drive, bathe myself, do my own laundry, lift children, and walk without assistance. God has blessed me. I have truly been healed through Him.

Thanks for reading. Keep on keepin' on.

Chanda




No comments:

Post a Comment